Start Your Journey To A Fascinating Future Today!
This course is an introduction to the business side of the entertainment industry, specifically focusing on the music industry. Topics covered in this course include: the structure of the industry, copyright law, music publishing, and how to make a living as a musician. This course is designed to give students a better understanding of the industry and the skills they need to navigate it.
Some of the topics covered in the course include:
- Artist management: Understanding the role and responsibilities of a manager, and how to build and maintain a successful artist-manager relationship.
- Touring and live events: The logistics and financial aspects of touring, including budgeting, routing, and ticket sales.
- Sponsorships and brand partnerships: How brands and companies can leverage music acts to reach audiences and build their brand.
- Music licensing and sync placement: How music is used in film, television, video games, commercials, and other forms of media, and how artists and companies can monetize these opportunities.
- Music streaming and digital distribution: Understanding the economics of streaming, the role of streaming services, and the impact of streaming on the traditional music industry business models.
- Music festivals and events: Planning, promoting and organizing music festivals and events, as well as understanding the economics behind them.
- Music rights and royalties: Understanding how royalties are generated, collected and distributed among creators, publishers, and rights holders.
Advanced topics covered in this course include:
- The structure of the industry and the various players involved such as record labels, publishers, managers, agents, concert venues, and streaming services.
- Understanding the different revenue streams in the industry and how artists and companies make money, such as album sales, touring, merchandising, and licensing.
- The legal aspects of the industry such as copyright law, trademark law, and contract law.
- Marketing and promotion strategies for music acts.
- The role of digital platforms in the industry and how they have impacted the traditional business models.
- The global music market and the challenges and opportunities presented by different regions and cultures.
- Case studies and analysis of current trends and developments in the industry.